Updates In Fungum Fangama

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mallika Sherawat: Humble town talent ought to get platform

Mallika Sherawat: Humble town talent ought to get platform: Bold and beautiful Mallika Sherawat says most of her films are for adults and so she turned to television as it would help her connect with those below 18. She also feels strongly about providing a platform to talent from small towns.
Mallika is scorching the small screen as a judge on dance reality show Chak Dhoom Dhoom. "TV has a huge reach and my films as it is are only for people above the age of 18. So I thought it's a great opportunity. Who's going to wait for them to turn 18 and then watch my films?" said Mallika.
"And also why not try something different. I've always tried different things in my career. If everyone's gone left, I've gone right. I've made very unusual choices and some worked, some didn't. But I've not followed a prescribed path. And similarly this time too," said Mallika, who is a huge fan of Madhuri Dixit.

The show, which showcases dance groups from all over the world, went on air on Colors channel Friday. "My life's struggle has been the same since I had no film background and Bollywood's system is very dynastic - people just want to promote their own people. So it was very important for me that people from small towns get a platform to showcase their talent. I felt an emotional connect with the show," said the actress.

"I feel I owe it to people from small towns because once upon a time I was one of them. Of course, I'm being paid very handsomely for this show, but that was not the deciding factor," added the actor who herself hails from Rohtak, a small town in Haryana.

She also says she will be a little biased towards women contestants. "I'll be a little biased towards females. I'm being honest enough to say that."The actress, known for her sensual roles in films like Khwahish, Murder and the recently released Hisss, is judging the show along with actor-comedian Jaaved Jaaferi and ace choreographer Terence Lewis, known for his contemporary dance moves.

"I won't judge the technical aspects of dance. For me, the entertainment factor and the X factor will work. The attitude, the expressions are what I'll be concentrating on. "I had a lot of disagreements with Jaaved and Terrence because they go so deep in their judging. Both of them are brilliant dancers, but I don't go into so many

technicalities and sometimes I even fight for the teams and argue that they should be given a chance," she added. Asked why she decided to take a plunge into television, the actress said: "For me, the most important thing for saying yes to this show was the format. These people go to small towns and audition and bring out talents from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment