Updates In Fungum Fangama

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Adam Lambert trades birthday gifts for clean water for those in need

Adam Lambert has already given his congratulations to “Glee’s” Chris Colfer for his big night at the Golden Globes and now the singer is using his celebrity status to help those in need.

Instead of requesting birthday gifts for his big day, he has decided to ask his fans to donate to a charity instead. Lambert has just announced his partnership with charity:water with the goal of raising $29,000 for the organization, reports Looktothestars.org.
He said, “I am so excited to be a part of charity:water and able to give back to those in need. Join me in helping with donations for such a great cause. My ‘golden birthday’ is on Jan 29th where I will
be turning 29!!!! I would LOVE if you would help me donate to this cause as it would be the best birthday gift I could ask for.”
Since his participation, fans have donated over $60,000 in just two days, prompting him to raise his goal to raise $290,000 by January 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment